Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Have a MacPro Tried to install OS X El Capitan but it

Customer Question

Have a MacPro
Tried to install OS X El Capitan but it failed. Now I'm trying to reinstall from Command R. Start up screen appears. Can select Install OS X El Capitan but cursor is hung in upper left and cannot move with bluetooth track pad. Can control up and down in menu with keyboard but cannot get to Continue.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Something is interfering the bluetooth trackpad or trackpad itself has problem. That is why it is stuck at top left. Do you have any wireless mouse or bluetooth mouse there ? If so, switch it off or remove their battery. Check if you are able to use trackpad now.

If not, then turn off the Mac. Then remove the battery from trackpad. Wait 2 minutes. Put it back. Boot into OS X Utilities screen and does the trackpad works now ?

If not, then remove the battery of trackpad. Connect a USB mouse and use it to reinstall the OS X. Or after selecting Reinstall OS X, press the tab button on the keyboard and use it to move selection to the Continue button. Then press Space to click Continue. Use tab key on keyboard to switch between buttons on screen and press Space to confirm.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.