Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I updated to El Capitan from OS X Yosemite which ran Windows

Customer Question

I updated to El Capitan from OS X Yosemite which ran Windows 7 64 perfectly under Boot Camp. After the installation, I could boot into El Capitan but the boot camp windows partition was gone. I partitioned the drive again with boot camp assistant and reinstalled Windows.
Now the iMac will not boot to El Capitan but striesto load Windows and hangs up. Message on screen says to insert boot disc and press any key, nut that fails to work. The iMac is dead ans will not boot in either OS X or Windows. Can you help?
Alan Phillips ***@******.***
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Try booting while holding the Option key until you see a list of boot partitions then choose the Mac partition