Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified
30970729

Yes

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Try starting the Macbook in safe mode:

To start in Safe Mode, turn it on and immediately after you hear the startup sound, press and hold the Shift key.

Release the Shift key when you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.

Let me know if that works...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still have not been able to get back to Pete who asked me to respond back if his suggestion resolved my question. There has been no way for me to reply back to him that his suggestion did not work. Please help me with this problem. Once again. "I have a black box in the middle of my screen w/ 4 languages on it saying to open the computer with power button, when hear the computer start up hold down the shift key until you see the apple image" I have done this several times to no avail. In the answer box Pete asked me if it worked . If not to contact him. There was no way for me to contact him to tell him his answer did not work. I feel like I keep going in circles with this Just Answer help link. Can you really help me?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

When you are logged in to the JustAnswer website, you can reply back to me on your question page.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

What exactly are you seeing in the black box on the middle of the screen?

Could you attach a photo of what you are seeing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for getting back to me. Attached is a photo shot of what comes up on my moniter. Please Review & let me know if you need more information. Thanks you , Molly
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Molly,

Thanks for the photo.

This error message can happen if the memory modules inside the Macbook are faulty or not detected.

You will need to try removing the memory modules and firmly reinserting them again.

If that doesn't work, you may have a faulty memory module and you will need to try fitting a replacement one.

* Ensure you observe appropriate anti-static precautions when handling the memory modules to prevent damage to them *