Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My wifes mac is running on safari...just barely...we 't want

Customer Question

My wifes mac is running on safari...just barely...we don't want to invest in a new apple yet....is there anything we can do for about a year to keep this going and faster....we're both not to computer literate..so all the help you can give us will be appreciated....we love this mac to death...every time I take it to the geek-squad they screw it up worst...
Thanks for your time
Bruce
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hello Bruce and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There are some ways to improve the performance of your Mac. Remember, this will not do a significant improvement however it should make the Mac usable. These are very easy to do. Just follow the steps.

First reset the PRAM and NVRAM of your Mac. Follow the steps below to reset the PRAM and NVRAM

Shut down your Mac

Restart and immediately hold down Command-Option-P-R keys at the same time

Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for two or three times.

Release the keys and let the Mac bootup.

Then restart your Mac and immediately hold down Shift key on your keyboard for 15 seconds and this will boot into Safe Mode. Then go to Applications > Utilities folder and open Disk Utility. In Disk Utility, select your hard disk in left column (the first one in the list will be your hard disk), then Repair Permission. After that click Verify Disk and if asked to repair, click Repair Disk. This will repair some files on your Mac.

After that, just restart your Mac normally.

If you are using 10.6 or later version of OS X, then you can download another browser like Firefox or Chrome and use it instead of Safari if you are facing issues with Safari.

Download Firefox from here --> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Download Chrome from here --> https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.