Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a new Mac mini late 2014 was using Picasa not iPhoto

Customer Question

I have a new Mac mini late 2014 was using Picasa not iPhoto when updated Photos appeared and now Picasa is a mess each photo is new folder help!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Picasa just catalogs photos it does not store them so you can safely uninstall

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm confused I was given another person that was going answer my question by email and was redirected to reset password ***** then given this short incomplete answer where is the other guy?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

I don't know why would reseting your password ***** anything? I made an offer to remote connect that was not my full answer I need to see what is happening. You are right you should only use one or the other not both. I think that was just the website communicating with you not an expert...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry i don't understand what happened as another person was supposed to answer my question and it was about $36 for satisfactory answer i seem to have been redirected but am running out of time today but if you know a lot about picasa perhaps we should just go ahead?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK so you just want to remove Picasa right and just use iPhoto?

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:

• The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
  • Processor
  • Memory
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I think you didn't get all the info the other person got as Ive already given all that info somehow "Just answer"has gotten mixed up sorry but I'm just not going to do this today i paid a $5 deposit which is Ok but I certainly don't want to pay more
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK I'll opt then. Your question will be open to other experts. Good luck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks sorry for confusion didn't think both our times would be wasted
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Yes sorry as you can guess we only get a portion of what you pay and these questions can get quite involved and time consuming. Good luck.