Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I plugged in my iPhone 6, which used to be my mom's, to my

Customer Question

i plugged in my iPhone 6, which used to be my mom's, to my laptop for iTunes, which used to be my moms…so it had all of her stuff on it. well when i went to restart my phone all of her stuff is gone! she still wanted to retrieve all of it. It wasn't backed up i don't believe…but it can't just be deleted can it?
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

To answer your question "It can't be deleted; can it?" -- The answer is Yes, it can be deleted. If the phone was not backed up then you won't be able to retrieve her data. If it was not backed up through iTunes, it was probably backed up through iCloud.

What is displaying on the screen at the moment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, well I went on my iCloud, and my mom's. It looks like the contacts were backed up, but the most important thing are some voice memos she had. Where would I find that? It's not evening showing me voice memos on mac iCloud.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Did you perform the restore back to her iCloud backup? It will restore everything that she had backed up last.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I hit restore and i was on my Apple ID. Would doing iCloud from the phone be easier?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Yes, please perform the iCloud restore on the phone using your mom's Apple ID/password.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alright so I logged onto her iCloud, but i don't see anywhere it says to restore. There's and option to back up?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

The option to do the restore to iCloud has to be done on the phone; not through the iCloud website.