Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My Mac OS 10.6.8 will download "easyduplicatefinder" but

Customer Question

My Mac OS 10.6.8 will download "easyduplicatefinder" but after installing edf in Applications as told, it won't OPEN. I have the license key to enter once it opens. On the Apple Communities Support website, advice to other writers was to go to the Systems Profile page, Security and Privacy and click "anywhere". Only problem, is my screen only says "Security" and does not have Privacy and thus, no choice to check. When I double click on edf to Open in Application, it bounces briefly in Dock but is not there. Nor is the icon present in the Docks Applications. However, when I highlight the edf icon in the Applications folder and "Get Info"... it does show that it was transferred. I'm stuck, please help!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot and check the issue directly? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you can connect with me on email. If you are not familiar with this problem, say so. My bank's Fraud department has already called me and the $40 charge has been made. I do hope you are experienced and not part of a scam to charge me more or take over my computer. If we need to talk, I can operate my computer here or perhaps consult over the phone if warranted. I do hope you can help. Thank you.

Unfortunately, i cannot assist with this issue without taking a look at it since it requires troubleshooting. If you would like a refund, you can email***@******.*** . Since you don't want remote, i will be opting out of this question to other experts so they can assist via instructions or over the phone.