Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

How can I restore my desktop from my Time Capsule? My iMac

Customer Question

How can I restore my desktop from my Time Capsule? My iMac crashed on Friday and it took Tech Support 12 hours to be able to log on to my iMac. When they tried to restore it from my Time Capsule, it only restored up to June 15, 2015. I know the Time Capsule was backing up my data up until the iMac crashed. Is my data gone forever, or is there some way I can recover it?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Open Migration Assistant in Applications / Utilities and recover your account that will be the latest version

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It didn't work. I could not restore my desktop to the current date from the Time Capsule. But thanks for trying.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK I didn't say that I said whatever that brings over is the last backup.