Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Every time I attempt to update iPhoto to 9.4.3, I get a

Customer Question

Every time I attempt to update iPhoto to 9.4.3, I get a “iPhoto Update” can’t be installed.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

What system version are you running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OS Lion 10.7
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OS X Lion 10.7.5
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go. When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) select the First Aid tab if it is not already selected, then click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Disk Permissions. If it is not ok let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will this process correct the issue of my iPhoto update?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Not sure but we have to check that first. Also are you using the App Store to update or are you trying to get it from here: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1650?locale=en_US

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike, The disk seems to be fine. It indicated that all sectors or something similar to sectors were OK.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was updating from the "Software Update" window where the software updates can be found whenever it checks for s/w updates.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

So Verify Disk was ok in Green then you Repaired permissions? If sop try downloading from here:

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1650?locale=en_US

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am downloading now from your link.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Ok let me know

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Did that work? If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. If we solved your problem, giving me high marks on the survey and / or bonuses are also GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!