Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My microsoft word is forever quitting apparent reason. I

Customer Question

Hi. My microsoft word is forever quitting for no apparent reason. I send the report as requested so there will be a detailed history. But the problem is not alleviated in any way and continues to run rampant
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:

• The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
  • Processor
  • Memory
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****Version 10.10.5
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Open Excel and go to Help / Check for Updates.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi MikeI did that Shows Office 2008 needing to be installed but I understood not to be installed as outmode when I went to OSX
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Can you clarify you can't be using 2004 it won't run on 10.10??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hisorry I do not understand the reply. In any event, I rarely use Excel and so I do not see that it has any relevance.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

That updates ALL OF OFFICE including Word and since Word might crash that makes sense to do it that way. There is a method to my madness. LOL Did you see my offer to remote connect I can help you better and faster that way if you wish...

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

There are all related and use some of the same system stuff so whether you use Excel or not it should be updated too if you want WOrd to work correctly

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi MikeOK will do. Bit nervous about it but will do and shall see
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Maybe I should connect because this is something you should be doing all the time..... ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HII have installed and so we shall see. Jury still out. I assume all those reports I send to Microsoft are a waste of its time and mine and are merely a gloss that means in fact nothing
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Right they use them to make updates and fix glitches but there are more things we can do but that has to be the first thing let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi MikeI have been unable to reply to you as the internet will not connect with Just Answer. Problem not solved. Word crashes still for no apparent reason, but certainly not as frequently
All the best
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like Word is not your only problem