Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

My hotmail email is not working, incoming or out going.

Customer Question

My hotmail email is not working, incoming or out going. Apple suggested to reset my password. My server is coming up as outlook not Hotmail. Please help.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message? Is your hotmail email password ***** working at the hotmail.com website?

What's your Mac OS X version, i.e., 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, etc.?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Error message says server or password ***** ***** I only use IPhone 6.

Please go to the hotmail.com website and test there if you can sign in your hotmail email address with your hotmail email password ***** not. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says my password ***** ***** be sure you are using Microsoft account

Please reset your hotmail email password ***** the website below:

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

, there, try the option "I forgot my password" and continue.

Please reply at the box below

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot my password ***** ***** an option to pick

I'm sorry. When you tap on the website link below:

, then what do you see there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why can't you sign in?
Forgot my password
Someone else maybe using my account
And something else, I'll have to back and look
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know my password ***** can't sign in

Please select the option Forgot my password, then next / continue, then let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't give me that option

You said it showed "Why can't you sign in? Forgot my password ***** else maybe using my account And something else, I'll have to back and look" previously? What happens when you tap on "Forgot my password"? Can you please confirm the email address you are having issue with? Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
[email protected] com

Do you have a cell phone ending with the two digits 55? If yes, please provide the last 4 digits of your cell phone. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No

Do you have a yahoo email address starting with the two letters JB and end with @yahoo.com? If yes, what is that yahoo email address? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a yahoo acct. My son does and I think our phones were synced a few years ago so now it is picking up his info.

1. Does your son or someone you know have a yahoo email address starting with the two letters JB and end with @yahoo.com? If yes, what is that yahoo email address?

2. Does your son or someone you know have a phone number ending with the two digits 55? If yes, please provide the last 4 digits of your cell phone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My sons email is:***@******.***
No, I don't know any numbers ending in 55.

Do you also have or use any another email address? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No other email address

Since you do not have access to the alternate email address and phone number, then you need to submit the account recovery form. Please try the followings:

STEP 1:

- Create a new gmail email address at the website below:

https://www.gmail.com

STEP 2:

- Submit the Microsoft / Hotmail account recovery form at the website below:

https://account.live.com/acsr?rollrs=04

, there, enter your hotmail email address in the Microsoft account box.

, then enter your new gmail email address that you created in step 1

, then enter the characters if shown on the page

, then click on Next at the bottom, and continue to follow the instructions to submit the account recovery form.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All I've ever had is the hotmail acct that I gave you

Can you please follow my above two steps for resetting your hotmail account password? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's asking for my Microsoft info...I don't have a Microsoft acct. I just had a free hotmail acct.!!!!

Microsoft account means Hotmail email address. When it asks for Microsoft info, that means it's asking for your hotmail info. Please submit. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have submitted over and over....it keeps saying my password ***** ***** I just want my password ***** to the email address I have....can you do that or not???

I'm sorry. You need to submit the account recovery form in order to reset your password. Please do not keep entering password, but can you please follow my exact instructions? Which steps are you stuck at?

STEP 1:

https://www.gmail.com/

STEP 2:

https://account.live.com/acsr?rollrs=04

, then enter your new gmail email address (that you've created in step 1) in the Contact email address box.

- Please note that Microsoft account means your hotmail email address and Microsoft info means your hotmail info.

What step are you stuck at?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this a scam to get my $35?

No, it is not. I provided you a possible solution. Did you try it? Which step are you stuck at?

Besides the iPhone, do you also have a windows or mac computer?

Please let me know; we guarantee our service, so don't worry. Thank you.

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Do you or your son have a mail on yahoo with id jbutler122678 ? If so please check that mail for a password ***** link.

Regards

Jins