Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Hard drive on mac is full - how do I get rid of stuff I dont

Customer Question

hard drive on mac is full - how do I get rid of stuff I dont want?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am excited to get started with you

Pictures, music and videos take up the most amount of storage on your hard drive. If you have an external hard drive, you can drag your picture, videos and music onto your external hard drive first before deleting it from your internal hard drive. Once you have deleted the items, you must empty the trash. Dragging items into the trash alone will not free up storage space. To get a better idea of where all of storage allocation, click on the apple logo in the upper left corner and choose About this Mac. At the top, choose storage. What are the sizes?