Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Why does my iPhone battery discharge substantially at night

Customer Question

Mike, Why does my iPhone battery discharge substantially at night if it's not being charged and is not in use, and what can I do to stop it? Cellular Data is off, no applications are open, and I always push the top switch, which darkens the screen, before going to bed. The only thing that is set, or running, is the alarm clock. By the morning, half the battery capacity has been lost. Please refer this question to Mike, Mac Medic.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Sorry what model phone and what version of iOS?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's an iPhone 5 running iOS 9.0.2.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK first update to 9.1 then see if the problem persists... it is hardly ever the battery usually the sofware..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I'll update to 9.1 today and then see what happens after it has set tonight off the charger.

By closing all apps, except for the alarm clock, and pushing the off switch, have I been doing everything correctly in order to avoid draining the battery during the night?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

That depends. We will look if the problem persists

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I'll let you know tomorrow what happens to the battery charge after tonight.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

ok