Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

If I upgrade my MacBook from 10.6.8 to OS X El Capitan

Customer Question

If I upgrade my MacBook from 10.6.8 to OS X El Capitan 10.11.1 will this cause my entourage to stop working?
I have Microsoft 2008 for MAC
12.3.1 110725
I don't think you make entourage anymore -- I love it, and don;t want to drop it at the moment.
Thanks -- **
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I'm sorry for the bad news. Office 2008 is neither designed/coded or updated for El Capitan. So you will have issues not just with Entourage but also with other office applications like Word, Excel and Power Point if you upgrade to 10.11

Microsoft is no longer supporting Office 2008, so there won't be any updates for Office 2008 to work with El Capitan. It is outdated.

If you want to continue using Entourage, then don't upgrade to El Capitan. But if you want to upgrade to latest OS X and get latest app updates which will have to do eventually, then you also have to update Office 2008 to Office 2011 for Mac or Office 2016 for Mac.

Office 2011 or 2016 comes with Entourage replacement i.e Outlook. I know this might not be the answer you won't want to hear, so please don't rate me bad or poor if you are not satisfied.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.