Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I'm trying to order my Apple Christmas cards. Every time I

Customer Question

I'm trying to order my Apple Christmas cards. Every time I press Buy, an notice drops down that placeholder text will not included in the card. I don't understand.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will assist you with your question.

This may be related to something particular in the browser that you are using. What I would suggest doing, at least to complete this transaction, is to try downloading And installing chrome, Then go to the site with chrome and try doing it again. If the site has changed something it may have made it incompatible with some browsers, but chrome is a bare-bones browser that should eliminate any problems with compatibility. To download the chrome browser just go to Google and search for the chrome download. It will bring up the chrome download for your operating system. It will only take a minute or 2 to install. Please let me know if you still questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will try tomorrow.

You're welcome. I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service using the icons okay, good, or excellent. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did what you suggested and used Chrome. I shut down the computer just to start fresh with Chrome. When I went to Buy the cards, once again the notice about placeholder text not being edited nor would be printed on the cards.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

So you are using a web browser not iPhoto or Photos to create these cards? If you are using iPhoto or Photos each theme includes placeholder text that you can edit to add descriptions, captions, or other text alongside the photos. I can help you by remote but it seems you already requested a phone call...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Mike, I have asked to be called to discuss this problem: we can't make anything work. My husband has tried to help me but nothing works. It is very frustrating as I've never had any trouble in the past.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

That request expired and it does not help me to talk on the phone I need to see your screen. Can you request remote tech support?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want remote tech support.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

No you have to request it like you did the phone call. If you can't please go here and ask why you can't request remote support: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help for any questions about your account.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK go to the link below and click on Join your Session then allow the app to run and look for my messages on your screen: http://mikethemacmedic.com:8040/?Session=66f426b4-3c25-4b94-abc9-933136804065

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will repeat my issue. I'm trying to order my Apple Christmas cards through Photos. Every time I press Buy, a notice drops down that placeholder text will not included in the card. The suggestion to use Chrome instead of Safari did not work and my husband was questioning, why this was suggested at all, since the app being used is Photos, not the browser.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

I did not suggest that which is why I entered this question... do you want me to remote connect or not?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Did you see my instructions?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

When the Library is repaired I suggest you make a new card there was something wrong with that one it would not keep the format. If you get the notice about placeholders just continue and order the card. Let me know.

If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. Please remember remote support is normally extra so bonuses are GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!