Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My question is about an error message that I currently get

Customer Question

My question is about an error message that I currently get with power point - images are blocked and an annoying red X appears - the message says its either a memory problem or the image is corrupted or..... I am using micro soft office for mac ver 2004.
I have a mac book pro which I bought this year/2015. -how do I correct this??? I know the image is there because I can see it when I highlight the file and open 'get info' you can see it in the preview window. what to do? thanks carol
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Is that Powerpoint it looks like Word? Can you send me the file?

Go here with any web browser:

http://tinyurl.com/upload-to-mikemacmedic

Choose Select Files and navigate to your file(s) to upload or you can also just drag the file(s) to the Upload box, then click on Start Uploading Files or Cancel to stop.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike,
You have helped me before -- good to have you back! It is a pptx file but it wouldn't load so I saved it as a pdf so that it would. what would you recommend. thanks carol
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK Powerpoint Presentations are normally landscape but anyway:

Can you send me the file?

Go here with any web browser:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I just sent two files -- the first one you saw and another is a pptx presentation that is totally messed up --carol
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK they both look fine here as far a pictures some copy is going off the screen but that can just be a font issue. You can't be using Office 2004 because these are pptx files which 2004 does not support. Please check that. I'm not sure why you are making these in Powerpoint which is for presentations not page layout you should be using Word for these but anyway.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike,
Yes I checked again and it is Micro soft office 2011 -- I didn't create these files but anyway can you
send me the link again so I can send you a copy of a screen print of what I see when I open the presentation filethanks carol
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Go here with any web browser:

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Did you send that? It would be easier if I can see what is happening did you see my offer to remote connet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI Mike my browsers was messed up - when i tried to open that last link you sent it wouldn't open the page -I had to reboot my computer -- anyway I was able to get back in to just answer to the first link you sent. I just loaded a file to you.. hope it works.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:

• The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
  • Processor
  • Memory

then open Word and go to Help / Check for Updates

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi just got back to this --
1. El Capitan ver 10.11
2. Processor: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
3. Memory: 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
I checked word and there are no updates and also none for power point
sorry for me delayed response -
carol
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK as I said there are not problems with those files here so I really need to connect to see what is going on. I can do that in about an hour if you Accept the offer, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi mike - I will have to continue this later -- its 3am here - can we keep this case open?thanks
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK yes sorry let me know tomorrow.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will do ..
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

I will be online after about*****USA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Morning Mike are you there? I have a bit of time to address this issue with my mac and those files I sent you.thanks carol in Singapore
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By the way -- as of now the files I sent you are opening correctly. So my main concern is that why is does the system do that? and geez maybe it will happen again!
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

That I can't really say I think the restart is all you had to do

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi seems likely, and also a common need these days .. when all else fails reboot!! ---Thanks and enjoy your day
carol
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Yes you too... If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. If we solved your problem, giving me high marks on the survey and / or bonuses are also GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!