Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I have an iPad. I am in Vermont. A notice possible malware,

Customer Question

I have an iPad. I am in Vermont. A notice for a possible malware, virus violation has popped up, and blocked my Google app, as well as my Scottrade account app. I cannot use either.. The notice warns that I have a virus, and that I should call a 1-844-xxxx (I forget the exact number) At the bottom of the notice, there is an "ok" that I can touch, that apparently will take the block off. This appears to me to be scam of some sort. I am worried that if I touch"ok", it will give the "scammer" my personal information. Do you know of any such warning that blocks the use of my iPad. Is there something I can do to erase it? Many thanks, ***@******.***
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit

, then open Settings app icon, then tap on Safari option on the left (scroll down on the left as needed)

, then tap on option Clear History and Website Data on the right (scroll down on the right as needed)

, and confirm

, then see if your iPad works fine now.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.