Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I photo will not import photo from goole or desk top when I

Customer Question

i photo will not import photo from goole or desk top when I drag them to it?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:

• The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
  • Processor
  • Memory
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
10.11.1...2.66ghz....4gb
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Are you using iPhoto or the new Photos?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i photo I also have photo I just up graded to apple latest system and it quite after the upgrade
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

It may not accept dragging from google but from the Desktop it should if the file is supported. Where did the photo come from? Did you see my offer to remote connect?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
before the upgrade I could drag photos from google or any place else. what is the remote connect?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

I can look at your screen and control your computer to see directly what is hapening...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I don't want to to that...any Ideas why it quite working after the upgrade?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

There are a lot of things I would need to check.... what version of iPhoto, check your drive for errors, rebuild the iPhoto library etc...

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go. When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) and then on the right select the First Aid tab then select Run.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this did not work!! I will call apple
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

That was only one of the many things I need you to check. Open iPhoto and go to iPhoto / About iPhoto what is the version?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Apple will want to remote connect too by the way.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
9.61version
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Quit iPhoto, hold down the Option/ALT and Command keys and start iPhoto. You will see an iPhoto Library First Aid window, select rebuild the Database.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike I did that earlier with no success...sorry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
something happen when I upgrades to the OS X el captain system
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

I have El Capitan here. Any photo that is supported you can drag to "Photos" icon in the left column in iPhoto under LIBRARY. What happens when you try to do that? Where did the photos come from and what format is it? Can you send me the photo you are trying to import?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike when I bring I photo up then click on a photo the screen goes back to the icon on my computer..before I was able to drag
any picture off of google images to the i con and it would import into i photo ???
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

I am having trouble picturing what you are doing.. you can't drag pictures from a web browser and add them to iPhoto or Photos that has never been supported.. you can right click on a photo in a web browser and go to "Add Image to Photos" but not to iPhoto... not since Photos became the default Apple Photo editor. You would have to right click on the photo and go to Save Image to "Downloads" then drag that image to iPhoto...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also I just realized that when I click any where on my screen it goes back to the i con ..didn't do that before?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

What icon I really need to see your screen to help you.....???

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the iPhoto Icon
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

I really don't know what you are talking about if I can't remote connect I need to opt out.