Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I have just downloaded ios 9 0n my ipad mini. I cannot open

Customer Question

I have just downloaded ios 9 0n my ipad mini. I cannot open the Wi-fi. the white button will not move to green
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there Ellen and welcome

Can you please hold the home and power buttons on the iPad for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo then release.

Let the iPad restart and when it has, tell me if you can now enable wifi please.

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no the wi-fi still will not open. Although everything went as you predicted. ellen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thanks Ellen

Can you go to Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings.

Once done, tell me if you can then turn on wifi please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no still will not work. ellen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Ellen,

We will have to do a reset of the iPad. This is going to wipe all data and return it to new, but this cannot be avoided.

If you have data you did not backup yet, please connect it to your computer and within itunes backup all your data.

Then on the iPad go to Settings, General, Reset, Erase all content and reset settings.

Let this complete and when it has, setup the iPad again and tell me if the wifi now functions please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the white wi-fi button will not move to green
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Ellen, I saw this in your initial description of the problem.

Can you please do the instructions I just gave you? I have repeated these below again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still no joy, he white wi-fi button will not turn to green, and the wi-fi still says off.. ellen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It did reset Ellen? So it was returned to "as new" so you had to set it up again?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i reset the ipad again?Do I go into itunes Ellen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No, via the instructions I gave Ellen.

on the iPad go to Settings, General, Reset, Erase all content and reset settings.

Did you do these instructions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I followed these instructions, but no joy.ellen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did it all again, but this timeat the erase bit they asked for my apple ID password ***** when i entered it, it would not accept it. the message just wobbled. ellen.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok, if it asked for the Apple ID then you did it correctly this time.

reset the password ***** the Apple ID via my link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Then use this new password

Let me know the results please

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ellen, can you please return to your question here.

Expert:  Samantha-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/9dhtq-just-downloaded-ios-0n-ipad-mini-cannot-open.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.