Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have an older ipod. When I try to install Pandora it tells

Customer Question

I have an older ipod. When I try to install Pandora it tells me my ipad does not have the ability to download your latest version. Is there an older version I could use on my ipad? I now use Pandora on my TV. My browser on ipad is safari.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Go to Settings / General / Software Update is there a newer version to install?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
iOS 5.1.1 is up to date is the response I get. What now?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

I'm afraid if it does not offer you an older version in the App Store when you try to download it then that means Pandora is not supporting iOS 5.1.1 sorry. If you had a working version installed previously you can try to recover the backup for that

Have iTunes open, .

Download EasyFind at https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/11076/easyfind and search for .ipa on your entire hard drive. Sort by name and go to Pandora section.

Double click on the version you find and it will ask if you want to replace Pandora app with older version. Say yes and then sync your iPod Touch and it might work.