Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

I made a travel blog in iWeb back in 2006, and have done

Customer Question

Hi there Daniel,
I made a travel blog in iWeb back in 2006, and have done nothing with it since. I now have the same macbook that it was produced on, which is still going strong and iWeb is still in my application list. In my Library/application support/iWeb, I have a Domain.sites file that is 2Gb in size, so a likely candidate for all the data. But when I try to fire up iWeb it says:
Can’t open file “~/Library/Application Support/iWeb/Domain.sites2.”
I know iWeb was abandoned by Apple many yrs ago but is there any way I can access the data, print it out, move it into a different format?
Very grateful for any help you can offer
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

First of all close iWeb application. Then go to ~/Library/Application Support/iWeb/ and double click on Domain.sites2 file and check whether iWeb can open the file or not.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, so there is no Domain.sites2 file. There is Domain.sites and Domain.sites backup files
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Double click on Domain.sites file and check the result.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says it can't open the file Domain.sites2
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Weird, since there is no file called Domain.sites2
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Are you using another user account on Mac other than the user account from which originally created the iWeb file ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hmmm, good point. I'm loging in as my wife but I think iWeb was under me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean logged into iCloud?
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

On your Mac also.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hmmm, I've tried to open a new login under me and now iWeb opens but there is no file to find.
Could I copy the file onto a stick and then login under myself and try the file?
Also, I have to go to bed. Is there any chance we could pick this up tomorrow?
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Okay,try it and let me know the result.

Regards

Jins