Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

How do I get rid of the voice over blind

Customer Question

How do I get rid of the voice over for the blind
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 1 year ago.

Hi

What device is it? Mac or iPhone/iPad/iPod?

Thank you

Vinod

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
iphone5c

Thank you

To turn off voice over, go to settings - general - accessibility- voice over and turn it off.

Note: to open settings/general etc; tap on it once so it is highlighted, then double tap on it to open. To scroll, use three fingers.

Let me know if you find any difficulty.

Did that resolve your issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can't go to settings because I have no screen. Can't tap on anything because I have no screen showing . only the voice over. Don't know if I can answer the phone if you call. (###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No did not resolve issue!

Did you get the slide to unlock screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO

Let's reset the iPhone first by holding down the power button and home button together until you see an apple logo. Let me know whether it takes you to the slide to unlock screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it takes me to the slide to unlock the screen but it disappears before I can slide it

Just press the power button once and it should show the slide to unlock screen again. Tap on it to highlight and double tap on it to open.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That didn't work.I was able to get the slide to show up but was still not able to open with slidwe.

Let's see if Siri can help you. Hold down the home button for 3-4 sec. It will bring up the Siri screen. Ask Siri to "turn off voice over".

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Siri does not come up only music

May I reply to you in 15-30 minutes? I have a meeting to attend and I will reply with the detailed steps. Sorry about that.

This is the process. It is same for iPhone and iPad.

Reset the iPad again by pressing and holding the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.

After it is back on, tap once on "slide to unlock". Now it will have a black box surrounding it. Now double tap on "slide to unlock". Now you should be taken to the password ***** screen.

There use the same method to put in the password. For example, if your password ***** ***** tap once on 1, then double tap on 1. That should enter the 1 into the box. Similarly enter the numbers to put in the password ***** you should get into your home screen.

Once in, tap once on "settings", then double tap on it to open settings. Then go to general - accessibility - voice over and turn it off. (If you have to scroll down, use three fingers to scroll).

Did that work?