Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My new iMac is password protected at startup. But my

Customer Question

My new iMac is password ***** at startup. But my bluetooth keyboard has somehow timed out and no longer connects so I cant get onto my computer. Is there a workaround? I have two keyboards a new Logitech and the standard keyboard that comes with the new iMac. The bluetooth mouse still works but it doesn't help until I can get on.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

The only way to get in back to your iMac is by using a USB keyboard or a 2.5 GHZ wireless keyboard (not bluetooth) if the bluetooth keyboard is not working. All you have to do is, plug in the USB keyboard and it will allow you to type in the password (it doesn't require any setup). After logging in, you can pair the bluetooth keyboard from System Preferences > Bluetooth.

Is the Logitech keyboard wired or wireless one ? Please let me know by replying in here.