Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified
30970729

The microphone stays red-doesn't work-does not toggle

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
far so bad--every once in a while i get request from icloud for my apple pw id which I've lost or just doesn't get accepted. i put in the temp pw you sent but will not accept that either. seems strange.Also can i listen to music on ITUNE Librar?. Would that interfere?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
re calls my home line is2124723339--- cell is(###) ###-####also can i look at my mail> i have safari adjusted so that it goes right to aol mail page on opening-tap on env icon and there it is with no request for pw. what if i have to go out for an hour? just leave it running? would appreciate quick answers to these routine questions. if i have to go you are better off with text since voices recorded on my machines. very distorted. so i will tell you if i have to go out so you should shift to text. PLEASE ANSWER ROUTINE QUESTIONS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'm getting same bottled response. indicates that since i agreed to phone these texts are simply ignored.It does no take an expert conference to answer ROUTINE HOUSEKEEPING.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
got message "this MAC will not connect with iCLOUD since there is something wrong with
"*****@******.***".
i thought they referred to my absent PW. but they rejected your substitute PW also. Is that meaningful?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
seems to me that providing a different substitute AOL PW ,assuming you have access to such ,would be informative about a possible flaw in AOL password ***** could that possibly have sabotaged your toggle system. note i also use other control mechanism to get out of dead microphone but that also does not work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an errand I must run so will be away for an hour.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

In what application are you having the microphone problems?

You may have to manually reset the audio daemon. To do this,

(1) Type in the search bar "Terminal" and click the Terminal utility.

(2) Type in "sudo killall coreaudiod" into the Terminal black box.

(3) It'll automatically show a warning sign and tell you to enter your computers password.

(4) Type in your Mac's password.

(5) Restart the application by exiting out and launching it again.

Let me know if that works?