Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I just downloaded El Capitan on my 27" IMac. Then the ICloud

Customer Question

I just downloaded El Capitan on my 27" IMac. Then the ICloud asked me to get signed up. I have a separate Apple ID for my IPad with its own email address which doesn't work. Now I have lost my email on my IMac, which I believe is looking for my IPad's email address. How do I get my Mail on my IMac back on?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Who is your email provider?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Who is your email provider? Normally the whole point of the iCloud and Apple IDs is so you can sync between your computer and devices so you should use the same for both but you can use different ones though I don't know why you would. Just go to System Preferences/ iCloud and sign out then sign in to the account you want to use. You can also just add other email accounts in Apple Mail too. You have not lost anything... I can remote connect and show you.