Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Just lost data on Onenote app on iPad. I updated the app -

Customer Question

just lost data on Onenote app on iPad. I updated the app - could see data for 24 hours then error message and since then lost data. I have no back up as the cloud link has not worked. I backed up iPad, removed Onenote added it back - it did not help. Was wondering if I could retrieve anything via memory cache?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Go here with a computer preferably and sign in do you see your data there?

https://www.onenote.com/hrd

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks i did log in to my account on my mac, unfortunately the app has not been updating regularly and the last data dates back to june when i first used it. Is there a way to see if the data is still present - i thought there were ways to retrieve data even when the files have been deleted
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

One Note saves ONLY to the cloud so if they are not there they never got saved. As far as deleted go to Notebooks / Deleted Notes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looking at the One Note folder there are no deleted folders, the only one is the notebook currently stored on the cloud that dates back to june. As of yesterday am i had notes up to october that must have been stored on the ipad. After the error message appeared the notes were gone so back to my last question is there a way to retrieve files that have been deleted?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

No because they are not stored on the iPad. I meant in OneNote on your computer in the menu at the top you go to Notebooks / Deleted Notes... if they are not there then they are gone sorry.