Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My text edit is not responding. How to fix

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You can force quit the Text Edit application. Press Command, Option and Esc keys at the same time and this will bring Force Quit window. Select Text Edit and click Force Quit button. This will close Text Edit.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was not able to edit my question. I want to print a text edit, but my printer is not able to get online. How can I now print this page?I was able to close TEXTEDIT.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried restarting your Mac ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to print other pages ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Turn off your printer. Disconnect it from your Mac if it is connected with cable. Unplug the power cable from the printer.Then turn off your Mac. Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command, Option, P and R keys simultaneously for 3 seconds. After turning on your Mac back on, connect your printer back to your Mac and turn it on. Try to print now.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can reset the printer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The message is "the printer is not connected" it is a wireless printer connection. I have a MacBook Air
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also do not have a cable to connect them, although I have ordered one
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

It must be deactivated from your Mac. We can reset the printing system and add the printer back.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Scan from the View menu.
  3. Hold down the Option key while clicking the "-" (Remove printer) button. If no printers are currently added, hold down the Control key while clicking in the box that appears above the "+" (Add printer) button, then choose Reset printing system… from the contextual menu.

After that, click the + button and add your printer by following onscreen instructions. We might need the USB cable of the printer to add it back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will try this
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Ok, let me know if you have any difficulty.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This doesn't work. Can't add. Do you mean the plus key on keyboard?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

No, the + button on the left of that window.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

What is the model and make of your printer ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

No, the + button on the left corner of that window.

Also what is the model and make of your printer ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NX430 Epson Stylus. There is no window with x
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think 9 I just updated it.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

What exact version ? You can check it from Apple > About This Mac.

Is it 10.11 ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is 10.10
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Goto System Preferences > Print & Fax. Then in Print and Fax, unlock the screen by clicking the lock icon at left corner. Provide your password ***** asked.

Then hold down the Option key while clicking the "-" (Remove printer) button. If no printers are shown there hold down the Control key while clicking in the box that appears above the "+" (Add printer) button, then choose Reset printing system… from the contextual menu.

Once you did that, click the. + button there and add your printer. If you see your printer under Nearby printers, click it and follow the onscreen instructions.

If you don't see it, then click Add Other Printer and Scanner. Please see this Youtube video (from 0:50 onwards) to know how to add the printer back --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZK6yEKrB-Y

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am getting out of time, so i will try if it's not too complique.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

It's not complicated. Sometimes to setup Wireless again, we may need to use the USB cable once. If possible, get a USB cable and we can try again.

Add a bookmark of this page or add this page page to your favorites, so you can get back to me any time you want. This question will not be closed.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

If you want, I can remotely connect to your Mac and help you directly to setup the printer again while you watch. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will there be a charge for that service/
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Remote service is an optional service for additional $20. With remote service, I can access the screen on your Mac and do these steps myself for you while you watch. If I couldn't solve your problem, you will get full refund.

Or I will give you instructions in here without any additional payment.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

I will not be able to access your files or other documents. This is just a screen sharing session, i.e you will be sharing the screen with me and I will setup the printer from here while you watch. You can see what I'm doing on your Mac. Also this is a secure one time session.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?