Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My wife can receive e-mail from her dishmail.net account but

Customer Question

My wife can receive e-mail from her dishmail.net account but most of the time when she tries to send e-mail, her e-mail userid is rejected by smpt.dishmail.net
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.

May i connect with you remotely to check and fix the issue directly? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife is using her computer at present. This is not a good time to connect to her computer. Can you give me five minutes and then call me at(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Can you call me now?

Unfortunately; i cannot call as it will be too difficult to explain the steps over the phone. BUT if you want someone to call you then i can opt out of the questions. Other experts who may be able to call will then opt in but i cannot say when.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. I'll try another time. Thank you.

Okay. I will opt out and open the question to other experts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A response that fixes the problem will be appreciated. I see that my credit card has been charged even though I got no useful information.

If you want i can request your refund. However, without knowing why it is causing this there is no answer. It needs to be checked first. I can try to do that here; but i will need to ask you a few questions back and forth until it is fixed. This is the reason i offered remote so that i could connect, and fix it without asking you questions as it will take a long time and efforts.

However, since you want me to assist here, i would first like to know what is the message you get when you check the Connection Doctor for SMTP?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The connection doctor is able to connect every time.

Are you able to login via the webmail and what are the exact outgoing settings for the email? This should be (smtp address, port, and ssl settings with the encryption type) accessed from preferences via outgoing settings.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
smpt.dishmail.net, port (default ports 25, 465, 587), SSL is checked to enable, authentication is by password

please set a custom port as 587, re-enter your password ***** make sure it doesnt has the ssl / encryption option checked. Only authentication as password; and should have the username as the email address.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't work. Note that the settings you asked me to use are different from those on my system which works. The error message was "userid***@******.*** was rejected by the server smpt.dishmail.net"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correction: smtp.dishmail.net

Is that the address it is sending from ? How many email accounts are configured on it? Can you send me a screen shot of the connection doctor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is the e-mail address that I'm trying to send from. There is only one e-mail account configured. I can't send you a screen shot because I'm on my laptop. I'm trying to send an e-mail from her account and, when it fails, will run the connection doctor and give you a verbatim report.

I think it would be best if you connect me to her system so i can check the issue my self. Can we do that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we can do that now.

On her system; please go to www.logmein123.com and type the code: 110482 and then click Start Download; after you click Start Download - it will download a program called support-logmeinrescue - double click on it and then open it.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Go to Applications / Utilities and open Keychain Access search for her login for that account and delete it then the next time it asks for the password ***** the box to remember in keychain and type it in again.