Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My macbook pro keeps locking up five seconds, every two

Customer Question

My macbook pro keeps locking up for about five seconds, every two minutes or so. It displays the beach ball..
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried everything I can find online. Nothing shows up in the Activity Monitor.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

What system version?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
El Capitan
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go. When the machine boots you may have to choose your language the you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column and select First Aid then select Run

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for my belated response - I got tied up at work. I'm pretty sure I used the First Aid tool in the Disk Utility previously in an effort to correct the issue, but I wasn't sure. For good measure I did it again, but unfortunately it did not fix the problem. Any other ideas?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

If that was all good then do it again but this time choose Reinstall Mac OS X.