Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have the iTunes 8008 error and I've deleted the download

Customer Question

I have the iTunes 8008 error and I've deleted the download folder in user/users/music/iTunes/download and the clicked on check for available downloads in store menu in iTunes and get the same problem
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

1) find your iTunes folder on your computer.

2) In your iTunes folder is a folder named "downloads".

3) In this folder, iTunes stores temporary files of your downloads in progress.

4) Double click this folder and you should see the names of the files/programs that keep coming up error -8008. They will be folders with a .tmp extension.

5) Go ahead and delete those files.

6) Then, that's when you to your iTunes account and "Check for Purchases".

7) Re-download your purchases, this time it should be done properly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the solution to my itunes 8008 problem did not work. I need another work around. Account # ***** and Order ID# *****
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

What account are you referring to please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Account # ***** and Order ID# *****
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

That does not help me why are you giving me that information? What account and from who? Did you see my offer to remote connect? Is that really Windows 8 or 8.1?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was in the answer as the reference number I was to refer to should I have further questions. This is the answer you provided me:
1) find your iTunes folder on your computer.2) In your iTunes folder is a folder named "downloads".3) In this folder, iTunes stores temporary files of your downloads in progress.4) Double click this folder and you should see the names of the files/programs that keep coming up error -8008. They will be folders with a .tmp extension.5) Go ahead and delete those files.6) Then, that's when you to your iTunes account and "Check for Purchases".7) Re-download your purchases, this time it should be done properly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 8 I believe
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

I suggest you start by updating to Windows 8.1 at least, that version was a nightmare. Then check you have the latest iTunes too. OK I don't know anything about those numbers you are referring to.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok on the win 8.1 give me a few minutes
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll finish this tomorrow because I'm having trouble finding the win8.1 program to download and it's late now. I'm on eastern standard time
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Just go to Windows Update. Ok let me know tomorrow...