Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

My location services frequent visited places is not showing?

Customer Question

My location services frequent visited places is not showing for yesterday? How do I fix? Is it possible it got deleted or blocked in some way? Just the one day?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please the make and model of the device this is happening on?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and make sure it is turned on there.

Let me know please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did it is, it's missing 10/03 only and 10/04 hasn't updated yet either
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then it was not able to write this, either it could not get your coordinates or update the database due to connectivity issues.

To be sure the firmware is ok, hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo, then release.

Let the phone restart and when it has check if it is now updating please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that already before I contacted you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, then it should now be ok, it was just not able to update the database yesterday, due to the issues I indicated. Monitor it and if today is still not updated, let me know as we will then move on to a reload of the firmware to rule this out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did all that prior to contacting you and no luck sorry you haven't answered my question. Also I asked if you could delete just one day in history
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You cannot delete one day in history.

You asked

"My location services frequent visited places is not showing for yesterday? How do I fix? Is it possible it got deleted or blocked in some way? Just the one day?"

Which I answered here from the start, I am sorry you already did the steps I informed, but short of making things up, I am not sure what more you want?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you but you did not help me, but thanks for not making things up.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok.... well as I said I can only tell you the reality of the situation, whether you did all this or not. I would have avoided repeating it if you said what was previously done.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you