Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My icloud has all my pictures off my iphone 6...I just

Customer Question

My icloud has all my pictures off my iphone 6...I just checked to make sure it was working. I have 5700 pictures on my phone. If I delete the pictures off my phone, will they be deleted from my Icloud also?? Just trying to free up my phone space, but not want to risk loosing pictures.
Thanks
Beth
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Yes, they will deleted from iCloud unless they are downloaded to another device. iCloud backup service is only to backup the entire iPhone and not just photos. The photos you see on iCloud are for sharing purpose mainly. The backup made on iCloud can be only retrieved after erasing the iPhone which you probably don't want to do.

You have two options in here. Either you backup them to your computer which is the best option or you can backup them to other online services like Dropbox --> http://www.dropbox.com/

You can download Dropbox from App Store. Dropbox is the best online service out there that you can backup with trust. After backing up to dropbox, you can safely delete them from your iPhone. The backed up pictures (on Dropbox) can be viewed online or can be retrieved back to your iPhone at any time you want.

Another alternatives for Dropbox are Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive which can be downloaded from App Store.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Remember, this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work please don't rate me bad or poor. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay thank you for explaining that...I will try dropbox...I have that app on my phone. If I run into problems....I will check back.
Thanks,
Beth
oh...one more question on that....if not dropbox...how do you download them onto my mac?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Dropbox comes with 2GB free space and can be upgraded to 1TB (1000GB) for $9.99/month or $99/year

You can even install Dropbox on your Mac and share files, photos, documents between your iPhone and Mac.

You can use your iPhoto or Photos application pr Image Capture to download photos from your iPhone to your Mac. Go to Applications folder, open Photos or iPhoto app. Connect your iPhone to your Mac and iPhoto/Photos will recognize it and allow you to download them.

You can also use Image Capture to download photos. Open Image Capture from Applications folder, connect your iPhone and follow the onscreen instructions.

If you are satisfied with my service, please don't forget to rate me positively as Great or Excellent and click Submit at the top so that I will get credit for helping you.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Google Drive and OneDrive are alternatives to Dropbox. You can get them from App Store. They have cheap plans compared to Dropbox but they are not much flexible like Dropbox.

If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, It's me Ashik again. I'm just following up with you to check how it is going. If you need any help , please don't hesitate to ask.