Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I can't add attachments to either my emails or to Facebook.

Customer Question

Hi, I can't add attachments to either my emails or to Facebook. If I try to attach a document, an error message pops ups, and then it all disappears. I have a mac and using Safari
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ? What exact error are you getting ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have Mac OS X 10.9.5When I click on the attachment icon at the bottom of the email draft window, I seemingly get access to files and folders, but after a few seconds both the finder window and the email browser window disappears by itself. Then I get a pop up message (in Norwegian) window saying that Safari was unexpectedly shut down. Then I have the choice of reporting the problem or ignore it and try to open the program again
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, It is possible that Safari is infected with malwares or adwares which is causing the Safari to crash. Close Safari. Hold down Shift key on your keyboard and open Safari. Click on Safari menu and select Clear History and Website Data. On the dropdown next to Clear, select All History and click Clear History.

Then click on Safari menu and select Preferences. Then click on Privacy tab. Click Remove All Website Data. Click Remove Now. Restart Safari. Then download, run and scan your Mac with this application, Malwarebytes --> https://www.malwarebytes.org/mac-download/

This will find and remove all adwares/malwares from your Mac if any. If you are unable to download from the above website, then download the Malwarebyte Anti Malware application from here -->http://wikisend.com/download/882684/MBAM-Mac-1.0.2.8 (2).dmg

After downloading, open the application and scan your Mac with it. If it finds something, remove them all. Then open Safari and try to attach something.

Let me know how it goes.