Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

I cannot sign in to my iCloud from my mac, even after

Customer Question

I cannot sign in to my iCloud from my mac, even after resetting password ***** times. Keep getting error message telling me to sign out, I have, along with rebooting my computer, and still same thing.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:

• The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
  • Processor
  • Memory
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OS X
10.7.5
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Sign Out of iCloud then:

Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go. When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) and then Highlight your hard drive and on the right select the First Aid tab if it is not already selected, then click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Disk Permissions. If it is not ok let me know.

If all is ok go to iCloud.com and make sure you can sign in then try to sign in again on the computer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will try that....
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Went to exit out of disk repair and disk utility and I got message asking me if I was sure I want to quit Mac OS X utilities. Then says to quit choose startup disk to select a startup disk and if you need to restart click restart. What do I do here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Went to exit out after said repair was complete by the way...
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Just restart

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok signed in at iCloud.com fine, but still getting same message "Unable to sign in because of a problem communicating with iCloud."..... :(
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Ok a big update came out last night El Capitan I'll bet the severs are overloaded

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm pretty sure that isn't it because it's been happening for several days. I looked on Internet and tried things like resetting passwords and restarting computer etc..., before contacting you guys.... It's been at least 3 days.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK sorry I'm out of ideas

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks!
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can I remotely connect to your system and check the problem ? You can see what I am doing. If interested, please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support.

Regards

Jins