Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My iPad will not access Facebook through Safari. When I

Customer Question

My iPad will not access Facebook through Safari. When I access Facebook through the Facebook app it says I have no notifications, but I know that I have some. Also, I cannot access the App Store.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

This usually happens if there is any issue with the internet connection (ISP). Have you tried from different WiFi network ? This will tell us whether the problem is with your ISP or with iPad.

Now, we can reset some settings on your iPad. On your iPad, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings. After that connect the iPad back to your WiFi network. Then change the DNS of your network to Google DNS. To do that, go to Settings > WiFi and tap your WiFi network. This will open advanced details window. Change the DNS to the following

8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4

Then restart your iPad. Then go to Settings > Safari and tap Clear History and Website Data. Download Facebook from App Store and also check Facebook on Safari.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Remember, this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work please don't rate me bad or poor. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your colleague Mike has helped me, thank you.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Oh Ok. Since you didn't use my service, please don't rate me bad or poor or anything. You don't have to rate anything even if the system asked to rate me (that is not me who is asking you to rate me).

Have a great day,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

No problem.