Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

I recently downloaded something on my IPAD Aire and now it

Customer Question

Hi ..I recently downloaded something on my IPAD Aire and now it is asking for a password. It is totally locked...I put in what I t hought was the PW but it isn't...I am so frustrated....Can you help me? I really do not want a password.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

First off, let's make sure it is not a simple fault. Please, press both the Home button (on the front of the iPad) and the Power button at the same time. Hold both the buttons down until the iPad resets. Once it does that, let go of both buttons immediately. When it comes back up, is it all working?

I will be standing by.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No..Jason, I had done t hat several times as indicated. It says, IPAD is disabled, try again in three mins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where are you?

I am here. I am writing up the next set of instructions for you. Thank you.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that. In that case, you will have to reset your iPad, which will erase everything on it. You can always restore the data from a backup, if you have one in iTunes on your computer.
- You will need to have the iTunes application installed first. If you do not have it, you can download it for free from the following site: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
- Press and hold the top power button until the iPad turns off
- Connect the iPad to the computer that you have been using the phone and iTunes with
- Hold down the HOME button on the front while pressing the Power button (continue holding the home button)
- Continue to hold the HOME button until you see the "Connected to iTunes" message
Option 1: In the Summary tab, click Restore and follow the prompts. (THIS WILL ERASE everything on the iPad and make it just as it was when you first purchased the phone).
Option 2: Click the button on the top right of the iTunes window for your (iPad) and then click the Restore button.
- Once that is complete, right click the iPad listing in the left panel of the iTunes window
- Choose "Restore from Backup"
- Choose a backup date and restore.
Now your iPad will be back up and have all the restored information from your last sync.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason, this sounds very complicated and I do not wish to erase things on my IPAD
Can that last download just be discarded? I cannot afford your 45.00$....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason, I will make an appt with Apple in Lynnwood, it is free! please, reimburse my $5.00
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not satisfactory

It is a bit complicated, but that is the only option you have unless you recall the passcode. I will send up the refund request, which means I am not given any credit for my time.

I wish you well.

Thank you,

Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, no time with you Jason....

Thank you. The refund has been sent.