Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

My Netgear is not appearing on the wireless network list.

Customer Question

My Netgear is not appearing on the wireless network list. I've turned the modem and router off and on, all lights indicate they are working.
I'm on a mac and Airport utility does not detect Netgear. Have also rebooted the mac twice.
Been futzing with it for about any hour.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.

Hello there! Your netgear router must be set to factory settings then you should be able to see your wifi.

Use a sharp object such as a pen or a paper clip to press and hold the "Restore Factory Settings" button until the Power light begins to blink (approximately 7 seconds)
The button is n the back of your router ( where the lan ports are) its a small hole.

make sure your router is powered and connected when doing these steps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, this is what I had already read and done before I asked for help. I just talked to Xfinity and we went through troubleshooting the modem, which is working. I also downloaded the Netgear Genie, after resetting with the pin, and it says my modem is not supported. I think I need a new modem so I'm calling Netgear. Thanks anyways.Jane

No problem Jane! Please remember to rate this response thanks :)