Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have an iphone 6 plus and while i was on safari a pop up

Customer Question

Hello, i have an iphone 6 plus and while i was on safari a pop up came on saying facebook wanted to make me a millionaire..i did not click on it but now safari is frozen. The rest of the phone is working dine..is this a virus or scam? How do i unfreeze safari? Thank you
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Yes.That is a SCAM message. Follow the steps below to fix the issue.

Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let your iPhone boot. Then without opening Safari, goto Settings > Safari. Tap Clear History and Website data.

That should remove the scam message from your iPhone.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.