Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics.
23511658

Is it possible to receive my yahoo emails on the same mail

Customer Question

Is it possible to receive my yahoo emails on the same mail account (MacBook) as my Bigpond emails? (It has been fine in the past!!?? But not now since i have replaced the harddrive))
Do the settings of the email needs to be reconfigured. Can Yahoo assist me?
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

It sounds like what you want to do is use the same email client to access and download your Yahoo mail along with your other email. And this you can do. All you have to do is set up your email client, which is probably Mac mail – the one that comes with your operating system – for your Yahoo account. The mail client should do most of the work for you once you enter your account information – it should find specific settings and add them for you. Here's how you can add your Yahoo account to that email client. If you're using a different email client, let me know and I will provide you with specifics on that email client.

Mac Mail can usually configure your Yahoo Mail account settings with these steps:

1. Open Mac Mail.
  2. Select Add Account | File.
    - If this is the first time you've opened Mail, you'll be automatically prompted to add an account.
  3. Enter your Full Name, email address, and password.

Your Yahoo Mail account should be automatically configured at this point. If not, you can manually configure it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael, No luck yet. On Add Account, entered password ***** now asking for incoming mail server field. Once entered I can continue??
Steve

Here are their servers - use the appropriate server for either POP3 or IMAP, depending on how you have the account set up.

• Yahoo! POP3 incoming mail server:pop.mail.yahoo.com
  • Yahoo! IMAP incoming mail server:imap.mail.yahoo.com (port 993)
  • Yahoo! SMTP outgoing mail server:smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Please let me know if you still need assistance after getting these settings.

If necessary, I may be able to connect to your computer and take a look.

Have I answered your question or do you need additional information?

I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service, OK, GOOD, or EXCELLENT at your convenience.