Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

I just lost everything on my iPad doing ios9. It froze along

Customer Question

Hi I just lost everything on my iPad doing ios9. It froze along the way! Or Jamed? U see I had 7and I couldn't get 8 they said I hadn't enough storage" so I casually went to see about it again and there it was ios9! I did it and it froze! So I lost everything since no back up! We did the iTunes thing got it out and can't get it back in! What do you think....
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Sorry to hear about your issue :(

What screen is it frozen on? Is it showing a USB cable with an itunes logo or is it frozen on some other page?

Thank You

Vinod

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't email me either! It's not working

I can communicate with you only through justanswer. Or I can call you if you need. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just answer please!

I will send you an answer, but I am still not sure what page your ipad is frozen on. What do you see on the ipad screen please? Is it showing an apple logo OR is it frozen on a USB cable and itunes logo OR is it frozen on any other page?

I don't know what your ipad screen shows now. Since I am not getting any reply, I will start with the basic troubleshooting steps. On the ipad, press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. Let me know whether that resolves your issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it's not frozen
Anymore! After my we got the photos out we have them on iTunes on another comp. now we want to put them back on my iPad !when it froze it did so on trying to finish up with ios9. It said that I has successful but they need just a few more answers! So it said to swipe that's when it happened! Would not move got stuck right there! So the Apple Store said do the iTunes thing and we did! It did get the pics. Out but that then we deleted everything else to get out of the jam and now I have trouble getting email....candy crush back a 0 and I was at 149! Is there anyway to get back to 149? Please help me! I cried all day yesterday!ūüėĘ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really messed up!

now I understand your issue. Unfortunately, it is a bug with Apple and the only way to get around it is to restore it to factory settings (which you already did) :(

Many Apple customers are facing the same issue. It is not you who messed up the data, but the software bug.

It is almost impossible to get your data back unless you have a backup either in icloud or in itunes in the computer.

Have you been backing up to icloud?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No and my husband told me to do it and I said oh and never did! This will teach me a lesson!

Oh!

Have you ever synced your ipad to your computer earlier (before you did the update)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not sure what you mean?

I meant have you ever transferred music, videos etc from your computer to the ipad?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No don't think so. What about c.c. And email?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wish you were here to help me! I mean I wis h I could bring it to you ! Probably it would be the same though!

Email does not need a backup. Let's give a try for that. Could you please tell me who your provider is? For example - yahoo.com, gmail.com etc.

I wish I could, but I am about 15 flight hours away from you :(

Could you please tell me your email address? I will explain how to configure that in your ipad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never had gmail before....it just came on my computer!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The email

okay, you are not having any problems with the email on your ipad? (because you told me before that you are having issues receiving email)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have problems getting the app

which app? candy crush?

Is that app downloaded to your ipad?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the email won't connect so I can see my email! My *****@******.***. I tried on Google to get it!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an ipad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the. C.c. is downloaded

I think the candy crush is connected to your Facebook account, isn't it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't have f.b. Acc

Then I am afraid the candy crush data is irrevocable unless you have a backup :( If it had been connected to facebook, all those data would have been preserved.

However, if you want to configure your verizon email address in your ipad, you can do that (it does not need a backup). Let me know if you need instructions for that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much! I'm done!

you are welcome. I am sorry I could not get the candy crush data for you, unfortunately that is out of my controls.