Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Question about Mac Contacts. On one of my machines in the

Question about Mac Contacts. On one of my machines in the side panel of Contacts I have a category "On my Mac" as well as "iCloud". But on the other all I have is "iCloud". How do I add the "On my Mac" category
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. On My Mac category will only appear if you have atleast one contact stored locally. Here is what you want to do to enable On my Mac category. Open Contacts. Click and drag any one contact from iCloud contacts to desktop. This will create a vCard file there.Then click on Contacts menu > Preference > Accounts > iCloud and disable the "Enable this Account".When you do this, The "On My Mac" category will appear. Now add a new contact under On My Mac category or click and drag the vCard contact file from desktop to the Contacts app.This will import that contact to "On my Mac" category. Then enable iCloud back from Contacts> Preference > Accounts > iCloud (Enable "Enable this Account"). Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.