Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a desktop iMac and USB keyboard and mouse. I cannot

Customer Question

I have a desktop iMac and USB keyboard and mouse. I cannot get a mouse to work! I can move the curser but when I click on an ap or file in desktop I get NOTHING. Tried changing USB ports. Used another mouse in various ports. Nothing. Here's what really gets me: took the iMac to a Simply Mac store. They ran full diagnostic and said machine is fine. Mouse worked fine. When I got it home I had no mouse function. I took the iMac back to the Simply Mac store and tried both mouses (mice!?) and both worked great -- at the store. When I took it home and hooked up the mouses the same way, neither worked. I went back to the store and bought a brand new mouse and pad, brought it home and it doesn't work either , in any USB port. I'm at my WITS end! What do I do next? Sage, chants and live chicken sacrifices!?! I have a 27" iMac PAPERWEIGHT.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

The only thing that could be affecting the USB ports from what you have said is where the iMac is located. Have you tried moving it to another room in the house? There must be some kind of interference in that room.