Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I just recently received a used I-Pad from an individual and

Customer Question

I just recently received a used I-Pad from an individual and when I pressed the Google App, it showed "Contact Support for Immediate Fix" and gave the number 1-***-***-****. I called that number and I got two quotes on how much this was going to cost to fix it. They still have not fixed it. It says "WARNING!! iOS Needs optimization" Could you possibly tell me what I must do to get that off my IPad? DAVID DIX at***@******.***
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That is a SCAM message. Don't call or pay to them. If you already did, contact your credit card company and ask them to revoke the payment and block your card. Follow the steps below to fix the issue.

Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let your iPhone boot.

Then without opening Safari, goto Settings > Safari. Tap Clear History and Website data.

That should remove the scam message from your iPad. If you are using Google application or Google Chrome instead of Safari, then tap and hold down that app and it will start wiggling. Then tap the x icon over it and it will be deleted. Then you can redownload from App Store.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let your iPad (not iPhone sorry that was a type) boot.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let your iPad boot.

Then without opening Safari, goto Settings > Safari. Tap Clear History and Website data. This will clear that message from Safari.

If you are using Google application or Google Chrome instead of Safari, then tap and hold down those app and those will start wiggling. Then tap the x icon over it and they will be deleted. Then you can redownload from App Store.