Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My apple id has been disabled, please help

Customer Question

my apple id has been disabled, please help
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can't communicate with my scanner or purchase apps
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There are two reasons for this problem. First is that if someone has tried to login to your Apple ID with too many incorrect passwords then Apple will disable it to protect the information of your account.

To enable it back, you have to reset the password. You can reset it from here --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

Since you already tried this and it didn't work, it is not the first reason. But this second reason. If Apple has noticed any issues with your card or payment information like report of fraudulent charges, refunds etc they will disable the App Store part of your Apple ID. You will still be able to sign in to your Apple ID, change payment details, password ***** but you will not be able to purchase or download or update your apps. Because they limit the iTunes and App store part of the ID.

So all you have to do is call iTunes directly and ask them to reactivate the account. Only they can access the database and enable the account for you.

To contact iTunes Support, goto this link --> https://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

Click Contact Support at the bottom, click Contact iTunes Store Support at right.

Click Account Management. Click Apple ID has been disabled alert

Click Schedule a Call and they will call you Or you can call them from there. Then you will have to answer some security questions and they will enable the account with in a few minutes.

Re the scanning issue, it might not be related to Apple ID. What is the model and make of your scanner ? Were you able to scan before ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just printed some documents, andwhen I switched to scanner it would not communicate with the computer (Canon pixma MP160)
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Disconnect the printer from your Mac and turn off the printer. Wait 2 minutes and connect it back. Then restart your Mac and try to scan. Did that work ?

If not, please tell me the version of Mac OS X you are using.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yosimite os6
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Yosemite is OS X 10.10

Did you do this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
apple store upgraded to yosimite
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Please do this and let me know if you are able to scan afterwards. Disconnect the printer from your Mac and turn off the printer. Remove all cables from the printer. Wait 2 minutes and connect it back. Then restart your Mac and try to scan.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are wanting $29 to speak to me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
computer still won't speak to scanner
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

When did this scanner problem start exactly ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Calling Apple Support regarding iTunes account is free. Did you tell them the issue ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

I want you to schedule another call. If they are still asking for fee, then tell them you just want the account reset and not need any technical support. It is them who disabled your account. Or write them an email. Email support is free. Only they can re-activate your account. It will only take a few minutes to activate your account.

Re scanner, how are you scanning ?

Open Applications folder and open Image Capture. Does it recognize your scanner ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

If the scanner is still not working, then you have to reset the printing system and that will reset the scanner also. Remember, when you do this, your printer will be deleted from your Mac. So you have to setup the printer again after resetting the system.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Scan from the View menu.
  3. Hold down the Option key while clicking the "-" (Remove printer) button. If no printers are currently added, hold down the Control key while clicking in the box that appears above the "+" (Add printer) button, then choose Reset printing system… from the contextual menu.

After that, restart your Mac and add the printer back from System Preferences > Print & Scan by clicking the + icon. Let me know how it goes.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

How is it going ?