Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

IMAC 10.6.8 WENT TO GOOGLE TO FIND AMTRAK SCHEDULE. SELECTED

Customer Question

IMAC 10.6.8 WENT TO GOOGLE TO FIND AMTRAK SCHEDULE. SELECTED FIRST ON LIST. ENDED UP WITH MYWAY MALWARE. HOW DO I DELETE IT. THANKS
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Press Command, Option and Esc keys and this will bring Force Quit window. Select Safari and click Force Quit. This will close Safari.

Hold down Shift key on your keyboard and and open Safari and the webpage will not load. Click on Safari menu and select Reset Safari. Select all options and click Reset Safari.

This will get rid of all traces of that website.

Then download, run and scan your Mac with this application, Malwarebytes ---> https://www.malwarebytes.org/mac-download/

This will find and remove all malwares from your Mac if any.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Some malwares will prevent you from downloading the Malwarebytes Anti Malware application from your Mac. If you are unable to download the Malwarebytes from the above link, then download it from here --> http://wikisend.com/download/872326/MBAM.zip

Or download it from another computer, copy it to a flash drive and run it on your Mac. Let me know how it goes.