Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I cant get my ipod touch to accept new version of itunes

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons together until you see the Apple Logo or it shuts off, then turn it back on. Then try again in App Store Updates. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cant find the itunes update in the app store
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it wont intall the new version of itunes even though it says the software is updated
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im waiting for my answer
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Ok there is really no iTunes for iPod do you mean Music ? If there are no Updates in the App Store then you have the latest version of Music on the iPod already.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an ipod touch, i record music onto my hard drive and then transfer the music onto the ipod. Usually when i record music it shows my device in the window on the left and I then move it from the hard drive to the device. It says it wont show the device in the window until I install the new version of Itunes. I follower all the prompts but when i got to the end it wont let me finish the intallation. I cant transfer from the hard drive to the device it it doesnt appear in the window on the left side of the screen
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

So you are referring to iTunes on your computer right not the iPod??

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:

• The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
  • Processor
  • Memory
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have an apple computer, i have an hp pavillion
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Restart the HP and then do not open anything else and go to Start / Apple Software Update and try again. If you still have problems when you go to Apple Software Update select the iTunes update and then go to Toold / Download Only