Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a IBook G4 version 10.4.11 1.5 GB DDR SDRAM Modeln

Customer Question

i have a IBook G4 version 10.4.11
1.5 GB DDR SDRAM
Modeln PowerBook 6.7
Serial numberv 4H613076SE7
32BUT COLUR
I need to change the admin details as the person who set it up inn the school is nolonger available can you help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Do you have the Mac OS X installation discs ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Follow the steps below to reset the password ***** the Admin account.

Restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command and S on keyboard at the same time for 10 seconds. This will boot the Mac into Single User Mode (black screen with white letters)

Type this command and press return --> mount -uw /

Type this command and press return --> sh /etc/rc

Then type this command and press return --> passwd username

Replace “username” with the short name of the user account for which you’d like to reset the password. Then type your desired password ***** press return. You will not see the password ***** enter on the screen, so make sure you write it correctly.

Type reboot and press Enter. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

If you have the Mac OS X installation discs, please let me know as you can also reset the password ***** it.