Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Candy crush won't load on my iPad, version 5.11. It worked a

Customer Question

Candy crush won't load on my iPad, version 5.11. It worked a couple of days ago. Tried restoring iPad. Uninstalled and reinstalled candy crush. Opens to loading screen, then shuts down.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean iOS 5.11?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is my IPad version 5.1.1
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

So that is the original iPad1 and you can't update the system any more than that correct? If so it seems that is a common problem and turning off the Facebook connection should fix it if you can get to that. Otherwise you have to wait for an update from the developer or get a newer iPad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have facebook on my ipad. Basically I had Candy Crush installed and working. When there was a update available, I updated it and it stopped working. I uninstalled Candy Crush and did a restore, then reinstalled Candy Crush. Everything else on the IPad is working (even other games) but for some reason Candy Crush is not. When I open the application it starts loading then just shuts down and goes back to my home screen.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

There is a Facebook connection in Candy Crush the Facebook app does not have to be installed. What about the rest of my question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's the original IPad 1. If I can't open Candy Crush, how can I turn off the facebook connection?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Yes that's the problem. Go to Settings / General / Reset and Reset Network settings and also restart your WiFi router and/or modem then sign in to your WiFi again and even though you already deleted CC and then reinstalled try that again now. If it asks to connect to Facebook just cancel that

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay should I uninstall CC before reset? Then reset, restart WiFi router and then install CC again. Is this the correct order?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Yes. If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. If we solved your problem, giving me high marks on the survey and / or bonuses are also GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!