Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have created an album with photos from different sources.

Customer Question

I have created an album with photos from different sources. When I create a CD by Exporting the album, IPhoto changes the order of photos. How can I keep the order the same as in my album? Will a person with PC be able to see the photos as would a person with a MAC?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

You can create a slide show that will be viewable on Mac or PC just export as Quicktime movie and save it to the disk. When you burn them to disk they will be viewable however the user has them sorted on that individual computer if by name or date, etc/.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike - You have not given me enough information. I presume you want me to start by "Exporting" the album but I don't know where I find "Quicktime movie." All I am wanting to do is export an album of photos in the order that I have set up.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Not just an album.... I said Slideshow then they will stay in that order...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you saving I should save my album into a slideshow. And then click file and then export. This doesn't give me the option to export to a CD and I don't see anything about Quicktime movie.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

When you have created your slide show you will see "Export" at the bottom of that slide show window. I can connect by remote and show you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess I need you to talk me through it. My slides how is now listed under Projects. When I open the slideshow it shows the opening page full size and then at the very bottom, thumbnail pictures of slides 1 thru 14. Above thumbnail #1 there is a Preview button. Above #13 is a arrow that forms a rectangle. I don't see "EXPORT" at the bottom.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Your question was about saving the order when viewing on a Mac or PC and that is how you can do it. Teaching you how to use iPhoto to create slideshows is a little much for this forum. Here is a good tutorial:

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-create-iphoto-slideshows-on-your-mac.html

I can remote connect and help you if you wish.