Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I need help with my Ipad. I charged it up and when I turned

Customer Question

I need help with my Ipad. I charged it up and when I turned it back on a Message
came up on the screen that said it was disabled and I can't get it to come on.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I'm really sorry that your iPad is disabled. Someone has tried to access your iPad with incorrect passcode and that is why it is disabled. Your only option is force-restore the iPad to factory settings through iTunes by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it.

But if you've backed up your iPad to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPad from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPad by putting it to DFU Mode.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPad press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Remember, this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work please don't rate me bad or poor. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or you are satisfied.